1. THE AUTHORITY OF SCRIPTURE - We believe that the Bible is our ultimate source of authority. Its truth is essential for the transformation of lives.
2. SERVICE - We believe that every believer has God-given gifts and abilities that should be used to serve God and others within our church family.
3. INTEGRITY - We believe in the critical value of a godly character and personal integrity at all levels of ministry at Napa Valley Baptist Church.
4. RELATIONSHIP MORE THAN RULES - We believe that our motivation for everything we do in church should be love for God and love for people, not tradition, rules, or regulations.
5. SPIRITUAL GROWTH - We believe that spiritual growth, devotion to Christ, and relationships with other believers are norms for every believer.
6. TEAM WORK - We believe that the church should operate as a loving, unified community of servants who are dedicated to fulfilling the five great purposes found within the Great Commission and the Great Commandment.
7. FLEXIBILITY - In order to be culturally relevant in our ever-changing world, we encourage creativity and innovation in ministry, which inevitably means changes in ministry.
8. OPTIMISM - We believe that a positive approach in ministry promotes an atmosphere of acceptance and inspires excellence within the church family.
9. ENCOURAGEMENT - We believe that one of the essential responsibilities of every believer is the building and encouraging of those around us.
10. PEOPLE - We believe that all people matter to God.